A Scribe's Tale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Scribe's Tale

A fantasy role playing forum game.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Play Testing

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Elder Scribe
Admin
Elder Scribe

Play Testing - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:34 am

Redwolfe pulls out his mandolin and plays a lively tune. After a few rounds of drinks few seem as angery.
Back to top Go down
https://leavejonalone.rpg-board.net
K

K

PostSubject: Red and Black   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:27 am

Fletcher asks the strange elf if the evil spreading across the land has anything to do with the evil Pecks in the red and black clothing. There's a live one in the brig thanks to Mr. Mysterious.
Back to top Go down
Elder Scribe
Admin
Elder Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:39 am

"Hmmm, the One Eyed Crows, yes yes." The elf shuffles through his parchments, "...they do play some part in all this. Ahh here it is.." He picks up one of the pieces from the table. Adding to his oddness, you notice the pages are all blank. "The One Eyed Crows. They are a mercenary guild of some note in this region. It is not clear to me that they are evil, but you may be right; my information on them is vague." muttering to himself, "not unlike the rest of my information" Clearing his throat, "yes well, good or ill, they will have to be confronted sooner or later."
The elf excitedly asks, "You, wouldn't be interested in adding to the forces of good this day would you? I am in need of services to establish a base of operations."
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:55 am

Willow addresses the elf, "I think we may be able to help. We also have another quest that requires some attention. There is a green dragon that has been killing off the hill giants. If we could somehow assist this hill giant, I think they could be very good potential ally."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:59 am

Adding to the forces of good? Sure, why not. Joining you? No. "They will have to be confronted sooner or later" No time like the present. Confronted usually means killed. Mercenaries get paid. How much coin to wipe out the halflings?
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Pssst.   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:00 am

Willow, can have a word with you for a hot sec?
Back to top Go down
Elder Scribe
Admin
Elder Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:25 am

"Bazzalth, Rasenth, and Vanlith, the dark dragons will be among the first to join the dark forces... and there will be more. The hill giants may very well aid us if we can do it early, if we wait too long though, I fear they too will join our enemies."

When Fletch says he will join, the elf becomes even more animated, "Excellent!". But then stops, "What? You chase them now if you wish, but it is imperative that a base be taken now, the longer I wait, the more I risk defeat.
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Identify a Potion of Invisibility   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:53 am

Ten percent? So you're telling me I got a chance!

Guest carried out 1 launched of one Percentiles 1-100 (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Lucky Seven!   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 am

Who wants a potion of cure light wounds?
Back to top Go down
Elder Scribe
Admin
Elder Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:02 am

With Willow agreeing to help him, the elf casts a spell that conceals the corner of the tavern and then an enchantment on a large scroll he unrolled on the table. A bird's eye view of the land appears. Whispering, he points out where Ithyank is, then to a region on the other side of a mountain range a few days travel from here.
The first location is a strange pair of tilted towers in a desert. The elf says that it is a most unusual feature and could easily be fortified. The second is of a cliff face further north also on the opposite side of a mountain range and is very well hidden in a temperate Forest. The cliff apparently masks a network of caves.

Both have access to mines and natural defenses, but both are also occupied. The towers in the desert have an army of kobalds. The cliff is now the home of an evil wizard. Neither will be extremely easy and both will probably contain surprises.
"Which do you believe would serve us better?
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Tips   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:19 pm

Okay everyone is settled down. The bard would really love to continue singing, but his throat is so parched. If only he had some ale...

How is the room? Anyone drawn in? Getting crowded?

It has been a while since the Sun and Fiddle had a new source of songs. A good crowd does grow as the day wanes. (Roll a Profession-(your skill) check for singing/music or other related skill use your highest one)
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Die   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 pm

The Drunken Bard carried out 1 launched of one Profession-Apprent :
Play Testing - Page 6 Failled-1

The Drunken Bard carried out 1 launched of one Profession-Journey :
Play Testing - Page 6 Failled-1

The Drunken Bard carried out 1 launched of one Profession-Expert :
Play Testing - Page 6 Professionsuccess

The Drunken Bard carried out 1 launched of one Profession-Master :
Play Testing - Page 6 Professionsuccess

I'm at work, so I just rolled 'em all. You pick the right one. Thanks! Bye!
Back to top Go down
Elder Scribe
Admin
Elder Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Redwolfe plays his mandolin for the crowd, they are amused by the new tales, and he will not have to worry about getting thirsty, but makes no exta coin.
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Kegger   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Eh, I'm getting free beer. Can't have win 'em all.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Not again   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 pm

The Drunken Bard wrote:
Eh, I'm getting free beer. Can't have win 'em all.

Can't have win 'em all? Are you drinking at work again?
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Don't the evil Peck's have some sort of a stronghold? I really want to get back on the road so Willow will make my bow. I don't care where, or why. Lets roll. And gold up front, please. But I'm not signing shit. I really don't like being associated with this disgusting person in the first place.

Taking advantage of Fletcher's initiative, the elf hands Willow and Fletch a small bag with 5GP each, "and take this too" handing Willow the scroll with the map of the region. "come back when you have cleared out the towers or the caves, and I will look into the One Eyed Crow's stronghold. Send any one else you hire to me as well for their coin."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:21 am

How deep are your pockets? Should I grab the dozen or so people that you put off with your suck? You have any idea what we are going to be up against at these strongholds of yours?

Shuffling through some papers, he says, I do believe that at the desert towers you will find kobalds, lots of kobalds. They have undoubtedly set traps among the ruins.
The cliff caves has been taken over by a wizard. He is not so impressive, but he commands orcs and goblins. Beyond that I cannot say. I do hope we find some other help besides you two though.
Back to top Go down
Elder Scribe
Admin
Elder Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:11 am

You are currently in Ithyank, and still have access to:

Places of Buisness:
Bakery
The Sun and Fiddle Inn
Blacksmith
The Flawless Vase Pottery Shop

You can also visit the temple construction site.
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Teen Titans   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:10 am

If you two are going to run off and tackle those Kobalds, or Orcs, or Goblins, you might want to get someone who is good at disarming traps. Can either of you do that?

The elf tosses the bard a pouch of 5GP. "Now there are three of you, perhaps one of you will survive after all."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:40 am

No. Can a drunk bard?
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Guess again   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:42 am

Red can't, but "I is Multi-Class" usually means thief. You might want to ask Mr. Spooky.

A few patrons look around at each other. One mutters, "5GP says they don't come back." another returns, "I'll put 5GP that the bard dies in a trap." Someone else interjects, "with an ale in his hand." Laughter breaks out and the crowd begins to head home for the night.
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Listen   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:38 am

Slow down champ. I said "you two" not "us three." I just got into town. You want me on your trip to crazy town, I'll need a horse with tack and saddle bags. 5 gold isn't going to cover that.

"If everyone that joins in this endevor, forgoes the gold, I could possibly come up with 2 oxen and a wagon."
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Barmaid   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:17 am

Redwolfe asks the barmaid who expressed relief when the wacky elf said that he couldn't stay long, how long has he been here trying to recruit someone to listen to him?

"...nearly a fortnight, a long fortnight. We wanted to kick 'im out but he pays his rent and Krin, the druid overseeing the temple construction has said he could stay. The marshal agreed with him, so he stays."
Back to top Go down
The Drunken Bard

The Drunken Bard

PostSubject: Two weeks   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:55 am

A fortnight huh? How many heroes have you recruited in a fortnight? Alright then, I'll try and come up with two more adventurers for a total of five if you reach deep down in that sack of yours and come up with ten gold for them and no joke, we are going to need a either a saddled horse with tack, some Sherpa guides, or your oxen and cart. An army marches on it's stomach, and someone's got to carry all that shit.
Back to top Go down
Elder Scribe
Admin
Elder Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 am

"You're going to find two more recruits eh? Fine, I will get two oxen, the tack, and a wagon for you. In the wagon you will find a bag of..." he searches through his bag.."22 gold but that is all I can give you. That does not include the 15 I have just now distributed. If this is not acceptable to you, return your 5 and let Fletcher and Willow leave in peace. They are true adventurers."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Testing   Play Testing - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Play Testing
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next